Monday, June 15, 2009

ghetto love

so i just finished reading the brief wondrous world of oscar wao. boy can write. i love that he has this very distinct voice. and i love that he's this ghetto intellect and i love me some ghetto intellects. they are intensely fresh and clever and can talk wheelies around any subject, slipping in and out of street vernacular slang like it's a second language.
junot diaz is definitely a new generation of hip intellects. and like i said, i love me some hip intellects.
his voice is so distinct. as a fellow writer, i am colored GREEN with envy at his ability to articulate such a clear and contemporary voice. his words are pure madcap dexterity. he is a ghetto fab hyperkinetic spitfire ninja throwing words like daggers, a verbose motherfucka who can talk an item to its death. he spins words like tornadoes and loops you for a ride. and it's a crazy ride. diaz, i bow down to you. i hate you so much.
now i must make my leave so i can turn the lights off in my bedroom, curl up in fetal position and sing creep by radiohead softly to myself as my teardrops soak my pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment